no magic formulae


i don't know when this blog became my bastard child... apologies.

summer has officially begun and the days are hot and sunny and welcoming.
after work i've been blessed that the sun still graces the sky, and so in turn i grace my dog with a good run... jog... fast walk... walk... stroll. you catch my drift.

my weekends have been spent at the beach - regardless of the temperature/cloudiness. my bike has been a faithful companion throughout the city and beach towns. this city relies too much on cars. we are constantly shielded by steel and forget what human to human interaction is. whilest riding my bike my senses have to all be alert. eye contact and hand signals substitute a blinker and honk. creating a connection with passengers is vital and it is broken down to the simple science of communication... you know, the thing we now call "facebook" and/or "twitter" and/or "ichat".
i miss eye - to - eye.

and as for my excerpt:

"but it is not in face more significant and noteworthy the greater number of fortuities necessary to bring it about? chance and chance alone has a message for us. everything that occurs out of necessity, everything expected, repeated day in and day out, is mute. only chance can speak to us. necessity knows no magic formulae - they are all left to chance. if a love is to be unforgettable, fortuities must immediately start fluttering down to it like bird to francis of assisi's shoulders."
- kundera, "the unbearable lightness of being"


0 comments:

Post a Comment