my brief disclaimer: i love award season.
the golden globes didn't disappoint last night to bring to the spotlight the best of fashion. here are the top trends to be looking out for:
1. black: as simple and understated this color may appear to be, if done right, it will always wow a crowd.
2. retro hair: going for the old hollywood glam look always defies time and ensures a simple elegance to any dress.
3. cut-outs: probably one of the biggest trends we saw on the runway last season (and i'm looking forward to more this season).
4. lace: what can be more ladylike?
5. flesh-toned dresses: although a tricky color to wear, it brings an unexpected sexiness to any garment.
and here are my top picks of the night in order:
|1. kate hudson / alexander mcqueen|
|2. michelle dockery / alexandre vauthier|
|3. kerry washington - miu miu|