inspiration week: wednesday

5. hope for the flowers by trina paulus - one of my favorite books growing up. needless to say it's all about becoming a butterfly.
"imagine, i didn’t even know i could do this. that’s some encouragement that i’m on the right track. if i have inside me

the stuff to make cocoons – maybe the stuff of butterflies is there too."





4. oh, the places you'll go by dr. suess - another childhood favorite. i reread it again (and seriously) when i first moved out to los angeles. 
"so be sure when you step, step with care and great tact. and remember that life's a great balancing act. and will you succeed? yes! you will, indeed! (98 and ¾ percent guaranteed). kid, you'll move mountains!"



3. eat, pray, love by elizabeth gilbert - a couple of years ago, i actually gave this book to all my friends and family members as their christmas gift. although i couldn't personally relate to the struggles of the writer, i could empathize with her feelings.  
"there is so much about my fate that i cannot control, but other things do fall under the jurisdiction. i can decide how i spend my time, whom i interact with, whom i share my body and life and money and energy with. i can select what i can read and eat and study. i can choose how I'm going to regard unfortunate circumstances in my life-whether i will see them as curses or opportunities. i can choose my words and the tone of voice in which i speak to others. and most of all, i can choose my thoughts."





2. a new earth, awakening to your life's purpose by eckhart tolle - this book seriously changed my life. i read this book and took the online class with oprah and eckhart tolle himself (did i mention i'm a dork?). inspiring and transforming.
"one thing we do know: life will give you whatever experience is most helpful for the evolution of your consciousness. how do you know this is the experience you need? because this is the experience you are having at this moment."




1. the alchemist by paulo coelho - by far my favorite book. i must've highlighted so many quotes while i was reading, and at least once a week i love flipping through the pages for some quick inspiration. 
"what you still need to know is this: before a dream is realized, the soul of the world tests everything that was learned along the way. it does this not because it is evil, but so that we can, in addition to realizing our dreams, master the lessons we've learned as we've moved toward that dream. that's the point at which most people give up. it’s the point at which, as we say in the language of the desert, one ‘dies of thirst just when the palm trees have appeared on the horizon.’"



these are my top 5 favorite inspirational books. if you know me, you know my nose is always in a book. each of the books above i've read in different stages in my life and each served its vital purpose.

missed tuesday's inspiration? click here!

missed monday's inspiration? click here!

click here to follow me a twitter


0 comments:

Post a Comment